Michael J. Stelmack is an attorney based in Lutherville, Maryland. He practices in the areas of probate, estate administration, trust administration, and estate planning. He has significant experience as well with guardianship, real property, and elder financial exploitation matters.
Mike is a 2005 graduate of the University of Maryland School of Law and is admitted to practice law in Maryland and before the the US District Court for the District of Maryland. He is a member of the Baltimore County Bar Association, and served on the Estates & Trusts Section Committee (2012 -2014) and is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association, Section of Estates & Trust Law and Section of Elder and Disability Rights. He served on the MSBA Section Council of the Elder and Disability Rights Section. (2016 – 2020) He was recognized as a Maryland Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2012, 2018, 2019, and 2020. He served on the Board of Directors of the First Maryland Disability Trust. (2015 – 2020).
Mike presented lectures for the National Business Institute at the following programs:
- The Probate Process from Start to Finish, December 2014
- The Probate Process from Start to Finish, July 2015
- Trusts from A to Z, July 2016
- Estate Administration Boot Camp, September 2016
- Advanced Trusts and Estates: A “How-to” Guide, June 2017
- The Probate Process From Start to Finish, July 2019
- Ultimate Guide to Probate, July 2020
Other publications and presentations:
- Contingency Planning for Maryland Families Affected by Immigration Enforcement presented to Maryland State Bar Association & Catholic Charities (2017)